WO Mic can turn your phone to be a microphone for your computer. You need not to pay a cent to buy any gadget. And it's mobile if you choose wireless transport. Millions of people have installed it and are using it daily for talking, recording, voice remote control and many other activities.
Three componenets cooperate to acehive that:
- WO Mic App which runs on phone. It captures your voice though phone microhhone and tranmit them to computer.
- WO Mic Client which runs on computer. It connects to app, receives voice data and passes them to virtual mic device.
- WO Mic Virtual Device which also runs on computer, though in kernel space. It receives voice data from client program, simulates a real microhone device, and provides audio data to applications like Sound Recorder.
Below diagram shows how captured voice data is flowing through these components:
- Wireless microphone without any cost
- Can be used with any programs on PC just like REAL microphone
- Very short lag
- Easy to configure and use
- Supports auto reconnection when your PC reboots
- Support multiple connection methods: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB
- Audio format: 48000 sampling rate, 16 bits per sample, mono channel
Download and install
You need to install all 3 WO Mic components mentioned above.
For Linux setup, refer to this page.
Step 1. Choose transportDepending on system, different transports may be selected as the communication channel between your phone and computer:
- USB transport. You need to
- Bluetooth. Pair your phone with computer if you haven't done that. Turn on Bluetooth on both phone and computer.
- Wi-Fi. Turn on Wi-Fi on both phone and computer and connect them to same hotspot.
Step 2. Start server on phone
- Launch WO Mic app on phone.
- In app Settings, choose the transport you intend. Leave other options as default.
- Back to main UI and click Start on to start the server.
If it prompts not enough permission, please grant microphone or audio record permission to this app on Android device.
Once the state changes to Started or Connectable, the server is ready to accept connection request from client.
Step 3. Connect from client on computer
On Windows, operations are:
- Launch WO Mic Client
- Select Connection -> Connect...
- In transport dialog, select same transport as you did on phone in step 2
- Specify target app device corresponding to selected transport:
- Wi-Fi. Enter the IP address shown on app main UI
- Bluetooth. Select the phone Bluetooth name in the drop down list
- Click Ok.
Once client shows to be connected, you can choose WO Mic as the microphone device.
Please refer to this page for operations on Linux.
Before reporting any issues to us, you are encouraged to check this FAQ page for any known issues and their solutions.
You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.